Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
What is the gravestone photographic resource project (GPR)?
The gravestone photographic resource project is an attempt to provide a much needed on-line genealogical resource for family historians.
The project aims are as follows:
- to digitally photograph grave monuments that are currently legible
- to extract all legible personal information (name, age, date of birth, date of death, relationship) from each image
- to publish all legible personal information on an internet database and make this data freely available
- to make available copies of any grave monument image free of charge to anyone requesting a copy
- to lodge at appropriate public record offices collections of images appropriate to that area
- to encourage local groups to maintain, photograph and record grave monuments
- to cover cemeteries throughout the world
- to form partnerships with other organisations or persons that hold grave monument photographs