Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
About the Gravestone Photographic Resource project (GPR)
- What is the Gravestone Photographic Resource project?
- How often is the index updated?
- How can I help the gravestone photographic resource project?
- Why is there no charge?
- Who owns the copyright of gravestone photographic resource images?
- What does 'Change the amount of detail displayed' do?
- When and why was the GPR created?
- How can I search for a particular surname?
- How can I search for a particular maiden name?
- What does the GPR mean by family name and how do I find them?
- How can I find out if there are any entries in the resource for a particular name?
- How can I see if there are different spellings of a name held within the resource?
- How can I find a name if I only have part of it?
- If there are a huge number of names for the surname I am research, how do I make the results more manageable?
- Why do the dates on the index not match the dates I already know about?
- Why are there not more records for gravestones from the 1900s?
- Why are there no dates on some records?
- Why is there no photograph of a grave monument?
- Why are there so few photographs for some churchyards?
- Why are there no cemeteries from my locality indexed?
- How can I get a particular cemetery added to the projects database?
- Why are there different lists on cemetery pages?
- How can I find a particular cemetery or churchyard?
- Are there different types of cemeteries listed on the GPR?